Stratamed is necessary for post care for laser skin treatments, tattoo removal, dermal rolling and surgical mole removal to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria that may result in an adverse effect on the skin such as hyperpigmentation and over production of collagen resulting in keloid scarring.
- “Stratamed significantly reduced susceptibility to inflammation.
- A significantly more rapid and very effective wound healing or re-epithelialization has been observed.
- The faster re-epithelialization achieved visually satisfactory results for excisions starting about 4 weeks post treatment, and as early as 10 days in the case of purely ablative or semi-ablative procedures.
- Erosive and ablative wounds were better protected than with other procedures and the healing process was supported more strongly.
- The protective silicone layer of Stratamed was not accompanied by any adhesion to the initially moderate wound granulation.
- Patients noted a reduction in feelings of tightness, itching and reddening.
- Stratamed proved to be non-disruptive and esthetically tolerable for patients – particulary for facial applications.
- The use of Stratamed was a welcome enhancement of the postoperative management process for patients, as they were able to use the product at home.”
Quoted from www.stratamed.com.au , by the Laser Skin Clinic.