Acne and Acne Scarring Treatments
- The causes of acne are many and different for each person, and therefore the treatments used will vary from person to person
- Acne is a medical problem that should be treated by appropriately trained clinicians.
- Acne left untreated can lead to permanent scarring.
- Treatments for acne include Gemini laser and Laser Genesis for the treatment of redness, pustules, large pores and smoother skin texture. Microdermabrasion, Ch
emical Peels and Laser Carbon Peel for blackheads, congestion, large pores and smoother skin texture.
- Using appropriate skin care, sunscreen and mineral make up suitable for acne skin.
- Diet and hormones may have an impact on acne and may need to be assessed.
- Acne scarring can be treated by Chemical Peels, Skin Needling, Fraxel Laser, Laser Genesis and RevLite Photo acoustic Laser.
What causes acne?
There are a number of contributors to the formation of acne. Excess oil and sebum production exacerbated by hormonal influences on sebaceous glands, as well as dead skin physically blocking pores can cause acne. A bacterium named Propionibacterium acnes (p.acnes) has also been implicated as a cause of acne. All treatments for acne will address one or more of these issues.
What to do next?
Call the Laser Skin Clinic on 62626216 or 0415832226 for an Acne or Acne consultation with a clinician click HERE to request appointment online.