- Avoid rubbing or massaging the treated area for a minimum of 4 hours post treatment.
- Avoid lying down or leaning forward for a minimum of 4 hours post treatment.
- Avoid exercise and sweating for the rest of the day after treatment.
- Avoid any type of facial, micro-dermabrasion, or massage for 14 days after treatment.
The full effect of toxin can take up to 14 days to see the final results.
Typically, patients notice a change in 4-5 days. The frown lines will reduce over time as the muscles to lose strength and are not in use.
Please pre-book to come in at 2 weeks for a follow up assessment, especially after your first treatment, so we can see how your facial muscles are affected by the treatment.
This enables your Dr/RN to fine-tune your toxin requirements. There is no charge for the appointment unless you require additional toxin which will be charged per unit at the regular rate.
Your results will last last approximately 3-4 months. Research shows that if you have your treatment at regular internals, as advised by your injector, results may last longer.
Dermal Fillers – After Care
Follow the after care program as advised by your clinician as well as any after care instructions given to you.
It is recommended not to apply make-up for 12 hours after the treatment.
Avoid for a minimum of 24 hours:
- Massaging or putting excessive pressure on the treatment area
- Strenuous exercise and sweating
Avoid for 2 weeks:
- Extended exposure to sun or UV light
- Extended exposure to heat or freezing temperatures
- Skin treatments including massage, facials and lasers
You may experience redness, pain, firmness, swelling, bruising, itching or discoloration at the treatment site.
If you are concerned, please call (02)62626216 so we can assist you.
Applying Hirudoid cream or Arnica cream on the bruise and taking Arnica tablets post treatment will assist faster recovery from bruising.
Avoid the following ingredients for 7-10 days prior to your injectable treatment:
(Patients taking regular prescription medications should always consult with their GP before discontinuing any regular medication or supplements recommended by their GP)
- Red wine
- Bilberry fruit
- Fish oil
- Gingko biloba
- St John’s wort
- Primrose oil