Stratamed is necessary for post care for laser skin treatments, tattoo removal, dermal rolling and surgical mole removal to reduce inflammation and kill bacteria that may result in an adverse effect on the skin such as hyperpigmentation and over production of collagen resulting in keloid scarring.
- “Stratamed significantly reduced susceptibility to inflammation.
- A significantly more rapid and very effective wound healing or re-epithelialization has been observed.
- The faster re-epithelialization achieved visually satisfactory results for excisions starting about 4 weeks post treatment, and as early as 10 days in the case of purely ablative or semi-ablative procedures.
- Erosive and ablative wounds were better protected than with other procedures and the healing process was supported more strongly.
- The protective silicone layer of Stratamed was not accompanied by any adhesion to the initially moderate wound granulation.
- Patients noted a reduction in feelings of tightness, itching and reddening.
- Stratamed proved to be non-disruptive and esthetically tolerable for patients – particulary for facial applications.
- The use of Stratamed was a welcome enhancement of the postoperative management process for patients, as they were able to use the product at home.”
The silicone gel for professional scar therapy
Strataderm is a rapidly drying, non-sticky, transparent, silicone gel formulation for the treatment of both old and new scars as well as abnormal scar prevention, in the form of hypertrophic scars and keloids.
Strataderm dries to form a silicone gel sheet, a protective layer that is gas permeable and waterproof which hydrates and protects scars from chemical and microbial invasion, allowing scars to normalize the collagen synthesis cycles, producing a normal mature scar.
Strataderm is used to soften and flatten scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scars as well as reduce redness and discoloration associated with scars.
Strataderm is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including exposed areas like the face and neck as well as joints and hairy areas without the need for shaving.
Strataderm was developed for use on all types of scars including those resulting from general surgery, trauma, chronic wounds, burns, bites, acne and other diseases of the skin.
Strataderm is ideal for people with sensitive skin and for children.